Friday, June 22, 2007

All you need is love

I have decided from weekly introspection to change my attitude towards meeting people, well I think it is more of a returning to the attitude I brought from Chile before I was SoCalisized. This shift was provoked by rewatching a movie that melted my defenses and energized all my puerile crushes of years gone by.... Moulin Rouge. "Love is a many splendid thing love..." were the word uttered by hunky Ewan McGreggor that resonated with my inner Latin lover.
Perusing the Internet I came across Cheyenne Jackson, cuddly and hunky out actor of Broadway who did a very cute performance of The Elephant Love Medley with Jai Rodriguez. So, I started being less fickle and meeting people for coffee and movies without having sex or dating in mind. I have so many prejudice of what a guy must look, how much post high school education he must have and if he doesn't know how to pronounce my name with the rolling rrrrs and all. I have to admit it has been quite liberating and I have met very interesting people. Although I love the chorus and it fills my life, I have to expand my circle of people because I truly believe that online or clubs is not where I am going to meet that shower singing partner that I have been rehearsing for so long.

No comments: