Sunday, May 20, 2007

There is nothing worst than expectations, although I preach about not "wanting" specific reactions or attitudes from others; I can't follow my own advice when there are non rational variables in play. As I grow older cynicism and pragmatism have taken a hold of my everyday interaction with others, this is not very useful in the relationship department either family, friendship or love. These past few weeks I had forced myself to be the guy I was 10 years ago, emotionally vulnerable, candid, detail-oriented with a dash of puerile.
The reason for this diatribe is that I have decided that even though my emotional life has not gone as expected (suddenly Seymour comes to mind), I am going to make an effort to fight my instinct reaction to turn away at the first disappointing experience with someone whom I perceive to have more pros than cons. Eventually someone will appreciate the warmth and details that I throw at him. This blog is going to be an escape valve for thise foggy moments when I just wanna say #@%$@%@#$%@%# on an email or phone call. To this I only have to add the epitome of a relationship for me

No comments: