Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday, Monday
Thank God for my ADD, it keeps me going and lurking through greener pastures. Yesterday I had some gastrointestinal issues that made me have a very low key Sunday, it also made me sort of gloomy as you can see by the tone of yesterday's grayish blog entry.
There is this 80-90s group from Spain that was very successful in Chile and most of latin america called Mecano, their lead singer, Ana Torroja , has one of the sweetest and luminous voices I've heard in my life time. Reviewing my Spanish songs yesterday listening to those tear jerking lyrics, I started reminiscing of those days of platonic loves. You know, those guys that made the heart go into a gallop just by sitting next to him. I use to write poems, in fact organized my Med School's Literature Contest so good lyrics always attract me to a song. Well there are two songs that describe a pivotal time in my gay love life. "Me Cuesta Tanto Olvidarte" by Mecano and "Can't fight this feeling" by REO Speedwagon.

This one hits so close to home, Most of the men in my life started as friends and our friendship just evolved into something deeper. The conflict of not wanting to loose the complicity of friendship but at the same time the flow of emotions blind any kind of rational decision.

Me Cuesta Tanto Olvidarte.... It's hard for me to forget you... (google has a translate option)
Entre el cielo y suelo hay algo
con tendencia a quedarse calvo
de tanto recordary ese algo que soy yo mismo
es un cuadro de bifrontismo que
solo da una fazla cara vista es un anuncio de Signal
la cara oculta es la resultade mi idea genial de echarte
me cuesta tanto olvidarteme cuesta tanto olvidarte
me cuesta tantoolvidar quince mil encantoses mucha sensatez
y no se si sere sensatolo que se es que me cuesta un rato
hacer cosas sin querer
y aunque fui yo quien decidio que ya no mas
y no me canse de jurarte que no habrasegunda parte
me cuesta tanto olvidarte
me cuesta tanto olvidarteme cuesta tanto ...

No comments: