Thursday, February 07, 2008

My Endorsement 2008

Some of you may know that I am very politically active and love a good debate, checking polls every day and reading right and left-wing blogs. It may be that almost all my formative years where spent under chilean Dictator Pinochet, with no Democracy and no electoral process. In 1988 I was swept by the political winds of change trying to remove our self-crowned King and finish 16 years of authoritarian rule.

When I returned to the US in 2000 it was right a month after the General Elections that had the legal battle between Bush/Gore. I was very taken aback by the intensity and furor of the political process. This didn't last long.... during the last 7 years I have seen how a bad choice can REALLY take a whole nation from the global leadership and admiration it had for decades to a position of international pariah and economic blunder.

Although both Democratic candidates (it goes beyond saying that the Republican bunch is totally undesirable) have there pros and cons, and they pretty much are very similar on policy issues... I have chosen the experience and Health Policy of Hillary Clinton over the Hope and Charisma of Senator Obama. I think Barrack has a promising future ahead of him and he WILL be the President of the US in a 8 years from now. He just needs to play with the political system for a while. We all know how ugly the general elections can get.... HILLARY '08!!!

1 comment:

normanrey said...

ANYBODY would be an improvement over the mess sitting in the Oval Office right now. I'm endorsing Ross Perot.